We are heading into the 2021 Municipal Government. As an organization we complied a list of questions for you to get to know the candidates views and opinions on the campaigns GEA is currently working one.
Greater Edmonton Alliance is an alliance of faith, labour, health education and community organizations dedicated to building a base of everyday civic leaders to effectively stand for change they want to see in their communities. As an organization we need our municipal government to work with us so we can see the effective positive change in our community.
Here is what we asked:
Workplace Mental Health:
As a candidate, what is your opinion concerning psychological safety in the workplace? When elected, would you commit to meeting and working with The Greater Edmonton Alliance to discuss Workplace Mental Health before the City Administration Report is presented and reviewed?
Would you support the City of Edmonton adopting the Canadian National Standard for Psychological Safety in the Workplace as official policy?
The Path to Share Prosperity:
- When elected, will you commit to meeting and working with GEA’s Living Wage/Quality Jobs Research/Action team as we reach out to our communities with our educational program?
- What actions would you take to increase equity in our community and participation of the business community to make Edmonton a truly living wage city?
Truth and Reconciliation:
- Once GEA has completed our internal reflections on Truth and Reconciliation and are working with our Local Indigenous Leadership, when elected, will you commit to meeting with our Truth and Reconciliation Research/Action team to discuss the calls to action and how we may partner to bring these actions to our communities?
A Just Transition of Workers:
- As a candidate, what role do you see the City of Edmonton taking to lessen the impact of this transition period for workers and their families?
- Once elected will you commit to meeting and working with the Greater Edmonton Alliance to explore the possibilities to keep quality jobs in the hands of Edmonton workers.
Community Mental Health:
- As a candidate, what role do you see the City of Edmonton taking to support building community mental health initiatives?
- When elected, would you commit to meeting with GEA’s Mental Health Research/Action team and support the ongoing efforts of GEA to partner with certain departments within the City of Edmonton and Edmonton Public Libraries to create community mental health initiatives?
Answers from our Candidates: